Home softeners are compact. Softening water, binding Ca and Mg ions, takes place during water flow through the layers of the ion exchanger.
The used ion exchanger is automatically regenerated with the Sodium chloride (salt) solution. The ion exchanger is thus again activated.
Special attention is required for the correct selection of the device, because this affects its correct and faultless operations. The choice depends on the wishes and needs of the user and on the manner of steering (volumetric, time, electronic – combination). The right choice is a precondition for perfect and long-term functioning of the device.
Softeners for home use are meant for the softening of water during maximum flows from 0.425 m3/h to 1.75 m3/h.
Hard water is water with high content of calcium and other elements. Negative effects of hard water (source: Ceasa):
- Calcium accumulation in pipes, armatures, boilers (heaters)… The accumulation increases with the level of water hardness and water temperature. Removing the calcium reduces its accumulation in the water supply system and reduces corrosion.
- Washing powders and their solutions have a lower cleaning efficiency – higher consumption.
- The diameter of the pipe (flow) is reduced with the accumulation of calcium.
- White stains on dishes, services, ...
Soft water is water with low content of dissolved calcium and other elements, which cause hard water. We can completely remove or reduce the presence of such elements with ion softeners. Some benefits of soft water (Source: Ceasa):
- Soft water protects the pipes, boilers, water armatures, household appliances and assures better operations
- Laundry is softer
- No white stains on dishes, pipes, sinks, ...
- Up to 70 % saving on washing powder and softeners
- Up to 30 % saving on electricity
- Visually reduced number of malfunctions and repairs
Soft water is important for:
- Baby care
- Skin care,
- Soft, shinning and voluptuous hair
- Saving on washing powder and softener
- Longer life span of household appliances (washing machine, dishwasher,…)
Preparation of soft water is necessary for:
- Your home
- Cosmetic salons, hairdressers
- Kindergartens and schools,
- Bars and restaurants,
- Photo studios
- Hospitals and outpatient clinics (especially dentists)